Friday, June 5, 2009

Vegas Vacation - Day 1

Whew! It's finally here! I am so pumped about all that this week has to hold. I am going to TRY to keep a day to day record of my adventures in Sin City. So, here goes...

Our flight to Vegas was an adventure on its own. First off, my lovely companion nearly tore off her toenail getting her suitcase out of her apartment. OUCH! She is quite the trooper, still making the flight in time. Kudos, Jennifer. Secondly, we had a very colorful passenger on our flight, Linda, who was obviously intoxicated before we even left South Bend! Loud and obnoxious, she was too busy being loud and overly friendly with other passengers to stay in her own seat and, trust me, she didn't get any better as the flight progressed. ARGH!

The "Hrentourage" picked us up at the airport. I was promptly greeted by my nephew, Vincent, wearing a ND hat and swim goggles. Yes -- swim goggles! The heat was intense, but a welcome thing for me (not so much for Jennifer). I'd much rather be hot than cold. We went to my brother's house in N. Las Vegas and greeted the rest of my family. It is always a pleasure to see them, as they are so far away from us. We are always treated like royalty when we come, even though we don't necessarily need it.

Dinner was from Capriotti's, a local sandwich shop down the road from my brother's place. They have the BEST sandwiches. I had the "Bobbie", a thanksgiving dinner on a baguette. It is made up of turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce and it tastes AWESOME! After stuffing ourselves (no pun intended), we took the opportunity to patron the local Dunkin Donuts. If you know me, I LOVE Dunkin Donuts blueberry coffee and was so glad to know that there were TWO DD's nearby. We ended up getting our drinks for free, as they had closed out the register before closing (explain that to me) - thanks God for the coffee!!

The last event of the evening was a trip to Bellagio, touring the floral garden display and watching the fountains go off. It was a beautiful evening and a great end to the day. Very tired, we finally made it to our hotel around 11:00 (2:00 AM Indiana time), and basically fell into bed. Ahhh...a great day!

Stay tuned for day two updates and maybe pictures.

Signing off,
Josh :)

1 comment: