Monday, June 1, 2009

My Very First Blog!

Wow!  My very first blog EVER!  Who-duh thunk it??

I have read blogs, talked about blogs, and hear about blogs just about everywhere; however, in my wildest dreams, I never thought I would ever have one.  Craziness!  I am not very good at this, so I am apologizing in advance for my being a novice blogger.  Just warning you...

Well, my long-awaited trip to Las Vegas is almost upon me.  I am SO excited, I can barely wait to be frisked by airport security and have my stuff x-rayed (whoo hoo!), get on the plane, and fly to Sin City!  In case you aren't aware, my older brother, Reg, and his family live out there and I miss them terribly.  My family and I just visited at Christmas, but I can never see them enough.  I am especially excited to see my nephew and nieces - they are growing up so fast, I am afraid they're gonna grow up and I won't know where time went to.  My brother and his wife, Tere, are so kind to us and treat us like royalty, even though they really don't have to.  It makes for a wonderful vacation away from the hum-drum of daily life in Michiana.  Vegas is a fun town (in small doses), especially when your loved ones are there.  Oh, and did I mention it'll be in the mid-90's and 100's while I'm there??  Yeah for sunburn!!

Another reason this trip is so momentous for me is that my beautiful girlfriend, Jennifer, is coming with me!  YEAH!!  She has met a great deal of my extended family, but this is her first experience meeting the Vegas clan.  She is excited as best as I can tell, which makes me more excited.  The more I get to know this woman, the more in love with her I become.  She and I share so much in common and I simply love spending time with her.    It makes me tingly inside to think that she might just be my perfect soulmate.  Only God can tell, but I think it could be.  Hmmm...

Any hoo, I will be taking off on Thursday via airplane and will be staying a week.  Then I will accompany my parents back (who drove out there - crazy old people!).  There will be some sight-seeing and I  help drive to relieve them.  4 days - just me and the 'rents - PRAY FOR ME! :)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this blog.  Let me know how I can improve my blogging skills.  I will work on installing a comment box (just kidding).

Josh

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Josh! Did your beautiful girlfriend nudge you in this direction? She's directly responsible for my blogging . . . which has turned into a bit of an obsession (thanks, Jen!) Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you a bit through your blog!

    ReplyDelete